Blog #4

 1. In the upperclass levels of high school, the main technology standards focus on broadening the diversity of programs that students are familiar with. Teachers must expose the students to several different platforms that differ from well-known applications. By integrating these programs into the class, the students will have a wide range of resources to pull from when they are asked to make a digital media presentation. The students also learn to diversify their portfolio of understood technologies, and can apply that knowledge to future classes.

2. One resource I found was video that recapped the years and events directly leading up to the start of World War II in 1939. It is a great visual representation that students can understand due to the clear maps that it uses, as well as shading to make it clear which countries were alined with who. I also like this video because it equally focuses on both Germany's expansion in Europe and Japan's expansion in Asia, while most videos tend to only recap the events that took place in Europe. This is also a good resource because it is only 8 minutes long, which is the perfect length to play at the beginning of class to get students introduced to the topic, while I would still have the majority of the period to teach in detail.

https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/us-history/rise-to-world-power/us-wwii/v/beginning-of-world-war-ii

3. I think it is important to be a good internet searcher as a teacher because teachers are expected to use only respected sources. The information teachers present to students must be scholarly and accurate, or the students will be misinformed. I think I will use the "advanced search" option on Google more often, as it will lead me too exactly what I am looking for. One skill that I like to use is the "picture size" option under advanced search because I can look for pictures that are only the exact size I am looking for. For example, for the newsletter banner, I could only use pictures in landscape formatting, so I could filter out pictures that were either tall or square, leaving pictures that would fit the banner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #10

Blog #8