Blog #2

 1. I don't have very much experience with MS Word since I didn't use it in high school. My school operated using chrome and Google, so I am most familiar with those. Since I have used it a lot, I do like Google Docs and feel comfortable with it. I like the way each of my individual papers can be organized into folders right on my Doc and I can see them all at the same time. I don't know if Word has the same function, but it probably does somewhere.


2. I think the most important standard is Collaboration. This means that the teachers work with students and colleagues alike to improve their skills and really get to know the people around them. In the classroom this could look like working with the students who are struggling to help them succeed. Not only are you helping out the students, but you are also teaching yourself knew methods and strategies of teaching. Collaboration with other teachers can benefit you as well, as you are gaining different perspectives and teaching strategies throughout the world of education.


3. I believe that through the general consensus, we are a generation of digital natives. Yes there are exceptions based on wealth and accessibility, but mostly everybody who is college has grown up with significant technology in their childhood. Those who are early Gen Z (1997-2003) most likely even had computers or a Smartboard in their elementary school classes, I know I did. From an early age we learned how to set interact with different technologies, which really prepared us for the almost entirely digital age of the past decade. The biggest difference between digital natives and immigrants is the ease and speed at which we operate technology. Most digital natives would be able to open a computer or phone they had never used before and understand how it runs within minutes. Digital immigrants, however, would likely have a harder time getting it to operate, unless they were professionally trained. I am really excited to see what the future holds technology wise, where maybe we can teach through the use of holograms or other sci-fi technologies. Whatever it is, being digital natives will certainly help us adapt to whatever is thrown our way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #10

Blog #8