Blog #7

1. I actually like the ability for teachers to have their own websites because it is something that I never had at my school. I went to the Leon High School Teacher Website page and clicked on a random teacher, Mr. Don Coon. On his homepage, he had an article explaining how he will begin to send out information through Remind so students can be more up-to-date with their assignments and resources. He also has a personal information page that outlines his background and previous experiences with teaching. Finally, there is a student resources page that has links to join the Remind groups and links to resources and a textbook.

https://www.leonschools.net/Page/22224


2. Like I said above I think having a professional website is a very good idea for a teacher. Even if it is not offered by my district, it would still be easy to operate my own, independent website. It would be a good place to put permanent details like my email, background, and class resources that would not change from year to year. Then, I could just hand out the link and students and parents would be able to access my page. I think it would be better to keep more changing resources, like assignments and tests, on the LMS (Learning Managements System) given to me by the district.


3. Besides a class website, I could also see a teacher using PB Works to create a wiki for their class. Through the different pages they could include their professional background and previous experiences. They could also create a page for permanent resources and contact information, and then refer the link to the parents to use. However I think that if I created an online source of information for my students, I would create my own website or use one the district wanted me to use.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #10

Blog #8