Blog #5

 1. Before this class, I had a personal twitter that I used occasionally to follow different people and organizations. I haven't used the student account a lot yet, but I can see how it would be useful. As a teacher, Twitter can be used to to connect with other educators or educational programs. Teachers can share techniques and activities, or talk with other teachers about their experiences.


2. The digital divide is more evident today with the integration of technology into the classroom. Students who do not have access to technology or an internet connection will have a harder time completing work or staying up-to-date with information from the teacher. Students who are more prone to have technology issues are those who come from poorer households, or from rural environments. To help those students, teachers can allow them to stay after class to use the school internet, or give them physical materials so they can keep up with the rest of the class.


3. One educational software program that I have a lot of experience with is Schoology. Schoology is a Learning Management System that was adopted by my school district when I was in 5th Grade, so I have used it for many years. Like Canvas, it offers a dashboard that allows students access class pages where teachers post assignments, discussions, and tests. One feature that I liked about Schoology was that the homepage was a blog for the entire school where teachers could chose the send notifications to the whole school or jus their class sections. 

Another tool I used often in high shoo was Quizlet, which is an online flashcard and quiz software. It allowed my to take the terms I had from class and make flashcards with their definitions. It also created mock tests that I take to quiz myself. For the whole class, Quizlet also offers live review games that splits the class into groups where they compete to answer questions.


"Functionalities of LMS" by sandraschoen is licensed with CC BY 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Comments

  1. Bryce, I've also had some experience with twitter, since I've had my own personal account for a couple years now. I totally agree that twitter can be used as a connection tool for teachers. If you plan on becoming a teacher, do you plan on using twitter to connect with other teachers? If so, you could possible share lesson plans or other activities among each other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #10

Blog #8