Blog #10

 1. I think surveys are a great way to gauge how well your students are doing in the classroom. I have seen some of my teachers use the exit slip model, which involves giving the students a non-graded questionnaire at the end of the class period. Then the teacher can review the results from the exit slip and indemnify which concepts need to be reinforced, or which students need to be worked with more closely. From there, the teacher can more easily model their teaching to satisfy whatever needs were identified in the survey.

2. I think a common topic that I have seen with other people's blogs is that a lot of us had previous experiences with teaching before this class. By reading their first posts, I can tell that most people here really care about education and took steps before this class to be more involved, which I think is a great thing. It shows how invested we all are into this field and how much we care about the education of others. This previous motivation, combined with the skills learned during this class, should enable all of us to become excellent educators.

3. I think a very important skill to learn would be teaching a class over Zoom, as it is now something that directly effects teachers and students. I think the days of snow days or other off days are gone, and will be replaced by "virtual days" using lessons learned from the Covid era. I think it is very important for myself, as a teacher, to familiarize myself with the tools Zoom offers from the teacher's perspective, not just the student's. To achieve this skill I could watch some educational tutorials on the host functions of Zoom or just experiment on the website itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8